Re: getImage exception

Hi Paul,

>   Thanks for the pointer...I set up my code as indicated, where a new
> thread (created in my event handler) calls a method which then calls
> getImage().  However, getImage is stalling.  My first thought was my new
> thread was deadlocked with another thread, but the event handler
> continues on its merry way and the main program still runs fine.  My new
> thread is still around - I list all the active threads and see it on the
> list.  Any ideas what to look for in my code that may be causing this?

One thought is to make sure that you can save a JPEG file from
the SpreadSheet, since that uses the logic I suggested that
you copy.  If that works, you might put print statements before
and after your call to getImage(), to see if its getting called
and never returning.  We've never seen getImage() hang, but it
sometimes has returned a null Image.  But if your Java3D display
is not mapped on the screen, I suppose the Canvas3D callback
might never execute, causing getImage() to hang.