Re: Displaying data samples

Hi Patrick,

> 1. Displaying data samples:
>
> Thank you very much for your response. I know, my english knowledge are
> not the best, but I think that Doug has exactly understood what I meant.
>
> I have got the function ((row, col) --> exp) which describes a twodimensional
> image. Now I'd like to be able to get not only the spatial location of the
> cursor but also the 'exp'-value at the speciefied location. Assumed I
> would have a second function like ((row, col) -->err) showed in a second
> display, would it be possible to get the 'err'-values and display it in
> the upper left corner of the first display?  I think Doug's solution (see
> below) is the right way, but where can I change the interaction methods or
> rather where can I define what is exactly displayed in the left corner ?

See the second half of the answer in:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ/visad/msg00862.html

> 2. Problems with setScaleColor() method.
>
> I have plotted two quantities on the same x-axis. To distinguish
> both functions from each other, the colors of the x-axis
> are controlled by the setScaleColor() method. This works. The problem
> occurs only when I'm scaling the x-axis with the setScale method.
> After adding following line to my code the x-axis become white again.
>
> exp_map.setRange(exp_min - (exp_interval / 2.0f), exp_max + (exp_interval
> / 2.0f))

I modified Test26.java to call setScaleColor() before setRange()
but cannot duplicate the problem you report, and looking at the
code in ScalarMap it looks OK.  Perhaps you are creating a new
ScalarMap?  That would make the scale white.