Re: mixing points and lines in a display

Hi Henner,

> good tip! now i understood what i did wrong. i always used the same
> functionType - still (time -> currency) where i should have used (index ->
> (time, currency)).
> but can you tell me if there is an easier way to get the data displayed as
> points than constructing everything new?
> i already have a datareference that can be displayed (time -> currency).
> especially regarding the same problem for the 3d display, i get a bit
> worried because i don't think i understood how to construct a point plot.
> what would it have to look like???

To get your (time -> currency) data to display as points,
you have three basic options:

1. Convert it to (index -> (time, currency))

2. Set point mode, as in:

  mode = display.getGraphicsModeControl();
  mode.setPointMode(true);

3. Map currency to Shape and YAxis, as in:

  display.addMap(new ScalarMap(currency, Display.YAxis));
  ScalarMap smap = new ScalarMap(currency, Display.Shape);
  display.addMap(smap);
  ShapeControl scontrol = (ShapeControl) smap.getControl();
  scontrol.setShapeSet(new Integer1DSet(1));
  VisADPointArray array = new VisADPointArray();
  array.vertexCount = 1;
  array.coordinates = {0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f};
  scontrol.setShapes(new VisADGeometryArray[] {array});

I have never tried this third approach, but it should work.