Re: Dynamic Visualization

Hi TAN TOH FEI,

> I believe that VisAD should be able to support the dynamic visualization,
> which means that the visual display is updated through adding in a new data
> once the new data has been received, without replot the whole thing. May I
> know how can I use that feature?

Positively, VisAD is very dynamic.  Here are a few examples:

1. The visad/examples/VisuTraj.java program recently
contributed by Christian Mullon, shows particle trajectories
under brownian motion.

2. The visad/aune/ShallowFluid.java is a steerable 2-D
shallow fluid model (note, it only runs on Sparc Solaris
because of native Fortran code).

3. Any of the direct manipulation examples, such as
visad/examples/Test00.java, and CurveManipulationRendererJ3D.java,
CollectiveBarbManipulation.java and FlexibleTrackManipulation.java
in visad/bom.

In answer to your particular point, if multiple data objects
are linked to a display and only one of them changes, then only
that one is replotted.