Re: 20000802: Scales

Hi Don,

This is an excellent idea.  You have done a good job of
describing the required functionality, although it would
be interesting to see if there are other suggestions.

Note that currently "ordinal position" (I assume this is
the same as axis_ordinal inside ScalarMap) is determined
in the DisplayRenderer (which is global over all
ScalarMaps in the DisplayImpl).  Providing this as a
application-settable parameter could be a bit tricky.

I hope you do get a chance to implement this.  The good
news is that the changes can probably be localized to
ScalarMap.java.  It should just be a question of
ScalarMap.makeScale() constructing an appropriate
VisADLineArray passed to DisplayRenderer.setScale().