Re: Plotting multiple data sets

Hi Paul,

>   I have a vector of data sets that I am trying to plot on the same
> graph.  I iterate over the length of the vector, and for each data set I
> create new RealTypes.  What else has to be unique on the graph?  Clearly
> it's more than just RealType, as only the 1st set of data is being
> displayed.  Can I reuse Set, FlatField, ScalarMap once they've been
> added to the display?

You can reuse a Set and a FlatField but not a ScalarMap,
except that if you call DisplayImpl.clearMaps() then you
can pass the ScalarMap back to addMap() on the same
DisplayImpl.  If the Data in your Vector have the same
kinds of values, sich as Time and Latitude values, then you
can and should re-use the same RealTypes in different Data.

There are a number of Tests in visad/examples that plot
multiple Data in one DisplayImpl, notably Test00.java.