Re: The DataUtility Class

Hi Vimal,

> It's me again.
>
> float[][] pixels = new float[rows][cols];
> FlatField image = DataUtility.makeImage(pixels);
>
> What is pixels?  I tried changing the values of pixels around (8.0, 64.0,
> 256.0,
> etc), but it never really changed the image I display.  It's
> remains the same green image.  So then, what is pixels, or what am I doing
> wrong?

The pixels array contains the radiance values of pixels in
the image.  If all pixels have the same radiance value, then
your picture will be a constant color.  It is always the same
color because VisAD auto-scales the ranges of ScalarMaps
unless you explicitly call ScalarMap.setRange().

If you create an image with different values for pixel radiances,
and explicitly call setRange(), you'll see something more
interesting.