Re: Axis labeling and axis interaction

Hi Henner,

> - secondly i want these labels to be interactive: if the users clicks a
> label, i want the corresponding 2D data to be displayed in a seperate 2D
> display.

The latest release of VisAD on our ftp server now includes
a class visad/bom/PickManipulationRendererJ3D.java that will
make this task much easier.  See the main() method of this
class for an example of how to use it.  Given a Data object
such as 'shape' you can tell when its been 'picked' in a
display as follows:

    DataReferenceImpl sref = new DataReferenceImpl("shape");
    sref.setData(shape);
    display.addReferences(new PickManipulationRendererJ3D(), sref);
    CellImpl cells = new CellImpl() {
      private boolean first = true;
      public void doAction() throws VisADException, RemoteException {
        if (first) first = false;
        else System.out.println("shape picked");
      }
    };
    cells.addReference(sref);

Clicking the right mouse button on the depiction of 'shape'
does not change its value, but does send an event to the
CellImpl.