Simulation Visualization (fwd)

We've got an event-based communication middleware that
lets someone stream events from multiple sources of any
type to multiple sinks.  It crosses C/Java transparently.

Last fall we used the middleware to stream events
from an HDF5 file to VisAD.  We wrote a separate piece of
C code to stream the events out of the HDF5 file,
then another piece to receive events at VisAD and
make the right calls.

Others can tell you for certain, but I believe VisAD has a
mechanism for periodically servicing a socket that
gets you part of the way there.

If you're interested, the C/C++ version of the
event middleware is at:

http://www.cc.gatech.edu/systems/projects/ECho

The Java complement should be released soon.

beth plale

--

Beth Plale                      beth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Georgia Institute of Technology 1 404 894 1540