Re: ScalarType: name cannot contain space

> . . .
> That should work.

Glad to hear it.

> Or I supose I could extend RealType and override validateName(). Don't
> even think about making it "final". :-) (Part of me is still with the C
> school of thought that allows the programmer to get himself into as much
> trouble as he wants.)

If you find any final methods in VisAD, you know I didn't
write them ;)  I'm with you on programmer freedom.  But it
is nice for programmers to have to jump over a little hurdle
like overriding validateName() so that if trouble erupts
they may have some clue where to look.

By the way, getting type names with spaces in place of
underscores is as simple as:

  ScalarType.getName().replace('_', ' ')

and:

  MathType.getPrettyString().replace('_', ' ')