p.s., Re: RangeControl bug?

Hi Doug,

> In an attempt to keep my data from hanging over the edge of my axes, I
> used RangeControl.setRange(). It works fine except for my 3D "cloud"
> data (mapped to RGBA). Without the ScalarMaps to SelectRange, I get a
> lovely cloud. Simply adding the ScalarMap results in my cloud being
> rendered as points. Bug?

I said yesterday that this was intentional.  However, I
have thought of a way around this restriction.  Several
people have asked for the ability to use SelectRange with
spatial domains of volume rendering.  Now you can if you
download ShadowType.java, ShadowFunctionOrSetType.java
and Test61.java from:

  ftp://www.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/visad-2.0/

The first two go in your visad directory, and Test61.java
goes in your visad/examples directory for testing.