Re: RangeControl bug?

Hi Doug,

> In an attempt to keep my data from hanging over the edge of my axes, I
> used RangeControl.setRange(). It works fine except for my 3D "cloud"
> data (mapped to RGBA). Without the ScalarMaps to SelectRange, I get a
> lovely cloud. Simply adding the ScalarMap results in my cloud being
> rendered as points. Bug?

Feature.  Or at least intentional.  You can map range
RealTypes of your FlatField to SelectRange and still
get volume rendering, but if you map domain RealTypes
to SelectRange that can change the topology, so the
current default DataRenderer punts.

You can achieve the same thing by resampling your
FlatField to a Linear3DSet with restricted ranges of
domain values.