resampling

Hi,

I'm getting an exception resampling:

        at visad.FlatField.resample(FlatField.java, Compiled Code)

(I can't get jdb to work, otherwise I'd have a line number for you.)

I suspect that my sampling set has a point outside the field's domain.
Would that explain it?

For background: my field (terrain) is like (x,y)->z and my set is a
UnionSet of river (x,y)s. I'm trying to add some height to my rivers. It
works when I make sure all my river points fall within the field's
domain, but I end up losing sections of river that are partially outside
the domain.

Is there a way to get resample() to return missing values instead of
throwing an Exception? I could fiddle with my UnionSet but I was hoping
there was a easier way.

Thanks,
Doug

BTW, Bill, your ControlListener suggestion for the single animation
control of multiple displays worked. As you figured, the displays don't
stay in sync during the animation but then the time step labels on the
displays don't either.

| Doug Lindholm, Software Engineer          |  E-mail: lind@xxxxxxxx   |
| Research Applications Program             |   Phone: 303-497-8374    |
| National Center for Atmospheric Research  |                          |
| P.O. Box 3000                             |     There's no place     |
| Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000              |        like $HOME        |