Re: filling in the blanks

Hi Stuart,

> I would like to fill "missing data" regions (where data points have
> missing value indicator) with points (or a surface) of black or some
> other uniform color not part of the usual RGB spectrum.
>
> This to keep the user from seeing trough holes in 3D plots, and
> mistakenly seeing values from a surface behind the hole.
>
> Is there a way to make a ScalarMap that sets missing values to a color?

There is a method of GraphicsModeControl for controlling this.
It is used like this:

  DisplayImpl display = ...
  GraphicsModeControl mode = display.getGraphicsModeControl();
  mode.setMissingTransparent(false); // the default is true

However, it wasn't working right, so I have fixed it and put the
fix on the VisAD ftp server.

Note that this cannot work in all cases.  If there are missing
values for a RealType mapped to a spatial DisplayRealType (e.g.,
XAxis, YAXis, ZAXis) then the display logic cannot color the
point black because it does not have a valid location for it.
In that case, it is not rendered.