please vote for JVM with more than 2 GB address space

Most people doing visualization have large data sets, and
the current 2 GB address space limit on Java Virtual Machines
is already a problem for a number of VisAD applications.

I asked James Gosling for help on this and he suggests that
the best way to make this happen is to vote for a large JVM
address space at:

  http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4216417.html

If you are not already a member of the Java Developer Connection
you'll need to join in order to vote, but its free and easy
(just go to the link and it'll tell you how).

One way to look at this is that on balanced systems memory
should be a certain fraction of total system cost.  Now 2 GB
of memory has come down to about $2000 and will go lower over
the next few years.  This just won't balance with large
visualization systems and servers.

Its in all our interests to see this happen, so please vote.