Re: newbie question - mutiple scales

  • To: John J Brecht <john.brecht@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: newbie question - mutiple scales
  • From: Doug Lindholm <lind@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:45:19 -0600
John J Brecht wrote:

> Is it possible to produce plots with more than one axis scale in the
> same direction?  That is, if you have two or more RealTypes mapped to
> the same domain, is it possible to plot them in the same visualization
> space?  If so, how?

Hi John,

As long as you have called GraphicsModeControl's setScaleEnable(true)
you should get an axis scale for every ScalarMap mapping a RealType to
an Axis. e.g.

  display.getGraphicsModeControl().setScaleEnable(true);
  display.addMap(new ScalarMap(a, Display.XAxis));
  display.addMap(new ScalarMap(b, Display.XAxis));

should give you a scale for a and b along the x axis, unless I am
missing something.

I ran into the opposite promblem: how do you keep only one of these
scales? My solution was to map to XAxisOffset to avoid the scale.

Hope this helps,
Doug

| Doug Lindholm, Software Engineer          |  E-mail: lind@xxxxxxxx   |
| Research Applications Program             |   Phone: 303-497-8374    |
| National Center for Atmospheric Research  |                          |
| P.O. Box 3000                             |     There's no place     |
| Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000              |        like $HOME        |