Re: Import data in SpreadSheet

  • Subject: Re: Import data in SpreadSheet
  • From: Dave Glowacki <dglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 15:38:47 -0500
One minor change in wording.  The description of OpenStringForm:

> About all OpenStringForm does is invoke FormFunction.run(), which goes
> through all the file adapters known in DefaultFamily and calls each one's
> open() method with the given filename until one successfully opens that
> file, or until it runs out of file adapters.

would more accurately be written as:

    About all OpenStringForm does is invoke FormFunction.run(), which goes
    through all the file adapters known in DefaultFamily and calls the
    function() method on each one until one returns 'true'.

    For OpenStringForm, the function() method returns 'true' if a file
    adapter's open() method succeeds.

This isn't as clear as what I originally wrote, but it's more accurate.

> Sorry the code's so convoluted...

I'm still sorry it's so convoluted :-)