Re: Display questions

Hi Doug,

> > ConstantMap(-1.0, Display.ZAxis) should work.
>
> Well, that works in point mode, but not in whatever "default" mode I am
> in. (See sample code below.) Is there some other GraphicsModeControl
> method I could take advantage of?  I did find another kludgy solution:
> map val to Display.ZAxisOffset and set the range from 0 to some
> sufficiently large value (>> val).
> . . .
>     //mode.setPointMode(true); // ConstantMap works
>     mode.setPointMode(false);// ConstantMap does not work

I can't see any problem in your code, so it looks like
a bug in VisAD.  I have no access to VisAD debugging this
week and perhaps not the rest of the month.

Curtis, would you please run Doug's code and let me know if
it fails as described.

> I'm actually hoping to be able to switch between point/surface/contour
> modes via the GUI. I suppose having the same data represented in
> different ways and swapping out references will do.

Sorry for the inconvenience.  Currently pointMode is global
to all data objects in a display.