Re: getting started

Hi John,

The two questions are whether the VisAD demos that don't use Java3D
work, and whether the Java3D demos that are part of the JDK, and
independent of VisAD, work.

For the first, 'java DisplayTest 41' or 'java DisplayTest 39'.

For the second, any of the demos in jdk1.2/demo/java3d.

I don't think we've ever had a problem of someone being able to
run the Java3D demos that are part of the JDK, but getting an
UnsatisifedLinkError for J3D when they run VisAD demos that need
Java3D.  If that is the situation, though, we will figure it out.

Make sure that you run the Java3D demos and the VisAD demos from
the same account and with the same environment.  Also, I don't
know much about NT, so perhaps Curtis or another NT expert will
need to get involved.