Clipping Elevation surfaces -- Cutting planes

The plane-layer intersection lines could be useful too.  But since what we have
is a stack of flatfields of (x, y) --> z then "clipping" the layers by some
plane(s) could be a useful operation and visualization.  So the result of
clipping a layer by one or more planes would be a new layer which is like the
original layer but minus some part of it.

-- mohamad
LANL