OOPS (Re: Here is a sample dataset)

I made an error in my last email.

> However, a FlatField with MathType:
>
>     (recnum -> (x, y, z, u, v, w))
>
> can still be displayed my mapping x -> XAxis, y -> YAxis,
> z -> ZAxis, then perhaps u -> Flow1X, v -> Flow1Y, w -> Flow1Z
> (this will make little vectors at each x, y, z location) or
> some other set of mappings.
>
> If you want to do something like contouring u, v and w values,
> then you need a FlatField with MathType:
>
>     (x, y, z) -> (u, v, w)

This is an error.  The truth is that you can contour the
u, v and w values directly from a FlatField with MathType:

    (recnum -> (x, y, z, u, v, w))

You simply map x -> XAxis, y -> YAxis, z -> ZAxis and
u -> IsoContour.  The VisAD display logic will implictly
construct an IrregularSet as I described in my previous
email.

Of course, this is dangerous.  If the number of records
(i.e., the length of the domain set of 'recnum') is large,
the IrregularSet construction may be VERY slow.

whibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  608-263-4427  fax: 608-263-6738