color

Hi,

I'm not having much luck getting the colors I want.

I had something like this:

(x,y) -> (z)
with z mapped to a display color such that I had some decent looking
terrain.

I then had

(x,y,z) -> shape
so I could have a shape fly through the 3D scene. This actually works
but my shape object changes color with height - an interesting effect,
but not the one I'm after. :-)

Is there a way to specify the color of a shape without getting fancy
with mappings (i.e. not like Test47 which about turned my brain inside
out)?
Do I need to use this ColorControl thing? Any examples, suggestions?

I also have
(x,y,z) -> (u_wind,v_wind)
and I'd like the wind vectors be colored by height, but not the same as
terrain.

Do I simply need a different "z" for each of these?

While I'm at it, why do I get blue when I map to Display.Yellow (and
other related stuff)?

Thanks,
Doug

| Doug Lindholm, Software Engineer          |  E-mail: lind@xxxxxxxx   |
| Research Applications Program             |   Phone: 303-497-8374    |
| National Center for Atmospheric Research  |                          |
| P.O. Box 3000                             |     There's no place     |
| Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000              |        like $HOME        |