Re: Program to visualize layers

Hi Mohamad,

Thanks for this excellent program.  You were way ahead of me:
your program is similar to what I described in item 4 of my
answer to Ugo, and "just comment out the addMap() for iscoutours"
is similar to what I described in item 1.

> I haven't figured out how to cleanly and efficiently construct
> a 3D set from a collection of 2D layers.  Anyhow, it doesn't
> seem to be the right thing to do as you'll have distortions which
> may or may not be physically what you have.

If all the layers have the same sizes of 2-D grids, and they
line up in X and Y, then you can merge them into a Gridded3DSet
(which is a "curvy" rectangular lattice) as I tried to explain
in item 3 in my answer to Ugo.  When a FlatField is displayed
that has this Gridded3DSet as its domain Set, the samples will
be in their correct locations (i.e., the grid will look curvy).

Please let me know if this doesn't make sense, or if you try it
and have problems.

whibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  608-263-4427  fax: 608-263-6738