[no subject]

Hi mohamad,

Currently, VisAD doesn't provide a file adapter for general HDF
files.  However, there is an adapter for HDF-EOS files.  HDF-EOS
is the official data format of NASA's EOSDIS data production and
archive.  It (HDF-EOS) is essentially standard HDF with special
data types, conventions, and metadata added.  Unfortunately, the
API which NASA created for this format isn't officially supported
on NT.

NCSA does provide a Java interface to the HDF Library, see

http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/

for details on HDF, and

http://ulabibm.gsfc.nasa.gov/hdfeos/workshop.html

for details on HDF-EOS.

--TomR

Tom Rink                                             rink@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Space Science and Engineering Center          Univ of Wisconsin-Madison
Phone: 608-265-2324