Re: Anyone ported HDF-EOS to AIX?

Hi Bill,

Yes, we are running HDF 4.1R2, along with the HDF-EOS extensions.  I
guess looking at my subject line above leaves something to be
considered.  I want to use VisAD to access HDF-EOS via the JNI on AIX.
So perhaps I should have stated "anyone ported the HDF-EOS JNI to AIX?".

Also, IBM has released a beta Java 1.2.  They claim complete
functionality with Sun's release, but they (IBM) are still working on
speed related enhancements for that platform.  I'm not sure if the Java
3D API will require porting, I'm not that familiar with it, yet.

Porting away,

Jim

--
Jim Craft