Axis description disappears

Hello,
 I have a little application which draws different types of displays according
to the users option (to be clicked on a check-box).
 When the application starts, I have the axis descriptions (x-axis, y-axis and
elevation) drawn fine on the screen, but when I click (and the image is
redrawn), the y-axis description is the only one to be drawn again.
 I don't think it's a memory problem, because I'm running the -mx128m option. I
have done setScaleEnable(true), but it doesn't help.
 Anyone with an idea?

 (But I did have an OutOfMemoryError because of a long colour table. This might
interest other VisAD users. By creating the table manually, to 64 or 256
colours, I fixed the problem.)

 Thanks,

 Ugo