Re: quantity database

Steve,

OK, I'm starting to get the picture.  One thing to be careful
about: many applications will need to create lots of similar
RealTypes.  For example, some weather models generate densities
for lots of different frozen states of water (e.g., pellets,
grappel, sleet, big hail, medium hail, little hail - I've
probably got the details wrong here, but do know that some
models generate about 20 of these things) and need each one
to be a different RealType to support visualizing correlations
between densities of these different states.

RealTypes are sort of like variable names when you're doing
mathematics.  You end up with so many that you need to start
using subscripts and greek letters (hmmm, sounds like Unicode).

whibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  608-263-4427  fax: 608-263-6738