Re: quantity database

Steve,

> Do you think qualifiers like "wind" will be necessary?  I'm
> not sure.  Instead, I think we'll need a way to map a user's
> "wind speed" variable to the quantity "speed" (and its
> associated MathType, default Unit, and default Set).  I'll
> see what I can do to support such a mapping.

This is a good point.  On the other hand, when we display
coupled ocean - atmosphere simulations in Vis5D, we usually
have to give wind vectors and current vectors different names,
since the scales are so different (10's of m/s vs cm/s).  So
we might want a design that at least allows the flexibility
for discipline-specific notions of speed, etc, and also allows
all speeds to be lumped together.

whibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  608-263-4427  fax: 608-263-6738