remote DISPLAY from VisAD to SGI (etc)

Hello YanChing and visad-list,

YanChing had trouble running VisAD on a Sun Ultra with her
DISPLAY mapped to an SGI< and I told her this had to do with
JFC - Java3D problems.  However, Nick Rasmussen reminded me
that we had similar problems that had to do with some sort of
OpenGL incompatibility between SUN/Java3D and SGI.  I don't
know the specifics.

The bottom line is to expect trouble if you try to view VisAD
or other Java3D applications remotely to a non-Sun.

whibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  608-263-4427  fax: 608-263-6738