Re: problem with FileFlatField

There was a problem with FileFlatField.  Steve, Tom Rink
and I put our heads together on it and came up with
(hopefully) a solution.  In order to manage disk -
memory caching of FlatFields, FileFlatField both extends
and adapts FlatField.  FileFlatField uses the variables in
the adapted FlatField rather than the extended FlatField,
and the problem Steve found had to do with improperly
initializing the (unused) domain Set of the extended
FlatField.  A bit gruesome, but FileFlatField does provide
a simple way to transparently manage disk - memory cahing.

whibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  608-263-4427  fax: 608-263-6738