Re: help: can not compile paoloa apps

Yan,

Your message to visad-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx bounced to me for some
reason that I cannot figure out, so I've asked our sys admin to
look into it.  Your message was:

> Hi Bill,
>
> I am compiling paoloa apps, and it seems to me I do not have the
> libsunmath.so.1 on my machine, can I get it somewhere?  What kind of
> library is this?  Thx
>
> YanChing
> f77 -G GoesRetrievalImp.o change_profil.o ev_diff_prof.o goesrte_2.o
> so_read_1.o  dbdtgx_1.o get_profil.o re_read_1.o
> /opt/SUNWspro/lib/libF77.so /opt/SUNWspro/lib/libM77.so
> /opt/SUNWspro/lib/libV77.so  /usr/lib/libm.so.1
> /opt/SUNWspro/lib/libFposix.so /opt/SUNWspro/lib/libFposix_c.so
> /opt/SUNWspro/lib/libsunmath.so.1 -o libGoesRetrieval.so
> ld: fatal: file /opt/SUNWspro/lib/libsunmath.so.1: cannot open file;
> errno=2
> ld: fatal: File processing errors.  No output written to
> libGoesRetrieval.so
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `libGoesRetrieval.so'

I had to explicitly add all these /opt/SUNWspro/lib/*.so files to LIBS
in the makefile for libGoesRetrieval.so and GoesCollaboration.so in the
visad/paoloa directory.  Even with /opt/SUNWspro/lib in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH
java would not link them dynamically (I posted a question to a java
newsgroup at the time but got no explanation).

I do not know what libsunmath.so.1 does, but on our Sun it is a symbolic
link:

  /opt/SUNWspro/lib/libsunmath.so.1 -> /opt/SUNWspro/SC4.0/lib/libsunmath.so.1

It could be part of the Fortran installation, so you might make sure
that Fortran is installed.  Fortran is necessary for the apps in
visad/paoloa and visad/aune.

If your sys admin believes that you do have Fortran correctly
installed let me know, and we can try to get some help from Sun
on this (or perhaps someone on this list knows more than I do about
this).

whibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  608-263-4427  fax: 608-263-6738