Re: Newbie Question

KathyLee,

Thanks for the code and data file.  Tom Rink spotted your problem,
your grid had a 3-D domain (row, column, level) but only row and
column were mapped to display axes.  This will make a picture, but
will make dots.  The easiest way to fix it is just to reduce the
grid domain back to (row, column).  My changed code is at:

  ftp://demedici.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/misc/WXView.java

The image looks like surface temperature over North America.

Thanks also for finding the NullPointerException.  I know what
causes it and just need to think of a good fix.  I'll put the
fixed code on the VisAD web page soon.  If you change to a 2-D
grid domain you should be able to display with temperature mapped
to either RGB or IsoContour.

whibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  608-263-4427  fax: 608-263-6738

"kill cross-platform Java by growing the polluted Java market"
   - from an internal Microsoft planning document