Re: First steps with SpreadSheet/Visad

  • To: "Susanne Huber" <hus@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: First steps with SpreadSheet/Visad
  • From: "Curtis Rueden" <curtis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 07:55:41 -0600
>i40:/proj/MAZ/metAP/Installation/VisAD[70]> java visad.ss.SpreadSheet
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at visad.DisplayImpl.doAction(Compiled Code)
>         at visad.ActionImpl.run(Compiled Code)

I have never seen this error before.  Please run the Spread
Sheet in jdb by typing "jdb visad.ss.SpreadSheet" at the command
prompt, then typing "run" after jdb loads.  When running in JDB,
you'll receive line numbers in parentheses when it prints the
stack trace, instead of the "Compiled Code" message.  The line
numbers will help a lot in debugging.  Thanks.

>Couldn't decode attribute rpt_date:units="YYYYDDMM UTC": Unit not in database
>Couldn't decode attribute rpt_time:units="HHMM UTC": Unit not in database
>Couldn't decode attribute opstat:units="ennumerated in rarep.h": Unit not in
>database
>Couldn't decode attribute object:units="ennumerated in rarep.h": Unit not in
>database

These messages are nothing to worry about.  They are just messages
indicating certain units were not found in the netCDF database.
The file should still load correctly.

-Curtis
--
Curtis Rueden <curtis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, (608) 262-7288