Re: make compile fails

> Yes, our make was a bit strange, but yesterday Dave Glowacki
> changed it to get rid of the continuation lines.  The new
> Makefile is on our ftp server.

Hmmm ftp.ssec.wisc.edu? I don't see the file.

> > a make compile fails
>
> Please be more specific.  Let us see at least a few error
> messages.  Two possible reasons for 'make compile' to fail
> are using a JDK earlier than 1.2beta3, and an error in
> your CLASSPATH.

Sorry, the main Makefile is  in the visad subdirectory. The third
line of make compile, the rmic line assumes -- i think -- that
one is in the directory one level higher.

I believe I had to also set my CLASSPATH to include the directory
containing visad to get the compile to suceed. Perhaps that is why the rmic
line failed.

I did eventually get everything  running so I could try the examples.
Why the `delay' printouts in DisplayTest?

> > I am sure this is a FAQ but where is it?
>
> VisAD is so new that there is no FAQ yet.  Haven't been all
> that many questions.  But we are always willing to answer
> questions on this list.

My mother told me that no one was worthless. Even those so bad to be
considered worthless by others were `good' as bad examples.

One should have a FAQ, even if it has only one line saying

VISAD is so new there are no entries in the FAQ yet.