[thredds] Apache Tomcat and Log4j vulnerability

Hello all,

The following message was sent out by the developers for Tomcat a few days
ago.

It appears that only 8.0.x and some 8.5.x versions of tomcat use log4j as a
default.  While current versions do have the capability to utilize log4j, *this
is not enabled by default* and Tomcat must be configured to allow log4j use.

I'm not sure if any of the above situations apply to you, but if you are
using a current version of Tomcat "out-of-the-box" you should be fine.

We will post any relevant follow up information to this list as we receive
it.

Please let us know if you have any questions (
thredds-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).

Kind regards,
THREDDS development team

> Mark Thomas <markt@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tue, Dec 14, 2:52 AM (4 days ago)

> to Tomcat, Tomcat, announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, announce

The following represents the current understanding of the Apache Tomcat