Re: [thredds] Cyclic datasets - NetCDF Subset Service and WMS

  • To: Jesper Baasch-Larsen <jbl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] Cyclic datasets - NetCDF Subset Service and WMS
  • From: Sean Arms <sarms@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 07:06:01 -0700
Greetings Jesper!

Currently, the TDS does not support requests that span the edges of an
array, which often lines up with the zero meridian for global datasets.
However, in TDS version 5 (currently in beta), the underlying issues within
the netCDF-Java library that prevented this in the past no longer exists,
and it's at least possible to handle now. I am going to be doing some work
on NCSS over the weekend and next week, and making these kinds of requests
work in TDS 5 is one of the things I am looking to get working.

Cheers,

Sean