Re: [thredds] Simple Geometry and JTS Topology Suite

  • To: skaymen@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] Simple Geometry and JTS Topology Suite
  • From: Sean Arms <sarms@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2018 08:02:53 -0600
Greetings Stanley,

I'm not sure if you saw it or if is close to what you are looking to do,
but we have a WTK Parser in the cdm module (ucar.unidata.geoloc.ogc).

In general, adding a new dependency is done cautiously, but not outside the
possibility of things. In addition to security, one consideration is how
much size the new dependency would add to netCDFAll.jar and thredds.war.
Both of these have ballooned in size over the years, and it's one reason we
currently do not build in AWS S3 capabilities into the TDS at the moment
(the AWS SDK is pretty big).

I have a teleconference setup next week with some others at USGS, which I
see you are included on - would you be able to come up with an idea about
sizes of the dependencies for that meeting?

Thank you!

Sean