Re: [thredds] XHTML in documentation element

Thanks,

However, your answer did not make me any wiser. You say the XHTML will be
escaped first, which is OK with me, as long as the intended content shows
up in the summary page. I suppose I do not have to do the escaping myself.

My motivation for using XHTML is to include a table with download links for
each separate file that an aggregated dataset is composed of. Since this is
monthly files covering several years, the alternative method,
using xlink:href and xlink:title attributes inside documentation elements
will be not very user-friendly, as each monthly file will occupy one line
for itself.

I have created a test XML file with XHTML shown below. The XHTML contains
only a single URL reference just for testing. This will be expanded to a
table when I have a working test file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<catalog
  name="Aggregated Observations from MET Stations"
  xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/thredds/InvCatalog/v1.0";
  xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"; >
  <service name="virtualServices" base="" serviceType="compound">
    <!-- services working with virtual/aggregated files -->
    <service name="thisDODS" serviceType="OpenDAP" base="/thredds/dodsC/" />
    <service name="wms" serviceType="WMS" base="/thredds/wms/" />
    <service name="wcs" serviceType="WCS" base="/thredds/wcs/" desc="web
coverage service"/>
    <service name="subsetServer" serviceType="NetcdfSubset"
base="/thredds/ncss/" />
    <service name="ncml" serviceType="NCML" base="/thredds/ncml/"/>
    <service name="uddc" serviceType="UDDC" base="/thredds/uddc/"/>
    <service name="iso" serviceType="ISO" base="/thredds/iso/"/>
  </service>
  <dataset name="Aggregated MET Observations from Station SN99710"
ID="aggregated_observations/stations/SN99710"
urlPath="aggregated_observations/stations/SN99710">
    <dataType>Grid</dataType>
    <metadata inherited="true">
      <serviceName>virtualServices</serviceName>
    </metadata>
    <documentation xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";>
      <xhtml:a href="https://www.met.no";>Meteorologisk Institutt</xhtml:a>
    </documentation>
    <netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";>
      <aggregation dimName="time" type="joinExisting" recheckEvery="1 hour">
        <scan
location="/lustre/storeA/project/metproduction/observations/stations/SN99710"
regExp=".*\.nc"/>
      </aggregation>
    </netcdf>
  </dataset>
</catalog>

This gives a summary page containing the "Documentation" heading, but
without any content beneath. No error messages. I do not work very often
with XML and namespaces, and I may have missed something obvious.

   Egil