[thredds] Thredds/Godiva using deprecated/no longer available OpenLayer function calls

  • To: THREDDS community <thredds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [thredds] Thredds/Godiva using deprecated/no longer available OpenLayer function calls
  • From: Heiko Klein <Heiko.Klein@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 10:10:12 +0100
Hi,

we recently upgraded to thredds 4.6.11 and all GetFeatureInfo requests
are no longer working. I tested thredds.ucar.edu, and that server has
the same problem (see screenshot): TypeError: OpenLayers.loadURL is not
a function

Checking the OpenLayers documentation, it seems that they deprecated
OpenLayers.loadURL:
http://dev.openlayers.org/apidocs/files/deprecated-js.html#OpenLayers.Ajax.OpenLayers.loadURL
A quickfix could be to load the Openlayers 'deprecated.js' in thredds.

Best regards,

Heiko Klein

--
Dr. Heiko Klein                   Norwegian Meteorological Institute
Tel. + 47 22 96 32 58             P.O. Box 43 Blindern