[thredds] More tdm questions

Hi All:

Okay I must be slow but I am still having problems with TDM.  I have it set up
in a test VM.  I find the following:

1.  If I leave out -cred,  run the startup script in the foreground,  it asks
for the password, and runs.

2.  If I leave out -cred,  and run in the background,  it asks for the
password, but then fails.

3. If I include -cred ,  not only does the file have the password,  but the
-cred argument shows up when you do "ps -ef"

So do Ihave to start it in the foreground and leave that window open,  or is
there a way to run it in the background and accept the password.  I do not want
the password to be in the script and in the process list.

Thanks,

-Roy

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst