Re: [thredds] OpenDAP constraint expression

  • To: "ashwinD12 ." <winash12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] OpenDAP constraint expression
  • From: "Don Murray (NOAA Affiliate)" <don.murray@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 13:27:48 -0600
Ashwin-

We do not expose the netCDF subset service (NCSS) on the PSD THREDDS server, but the same files can be accessed through the PSD RAMADDA server, starting from here:

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/repository/entry/show?entryid=e570c8f9-ec09-4e89-93b4-babd5651e7a9

If you drill down to the 2014 file, you'll get to here:

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/repository/entry/show?entryid=synth%3Ae570c8f9-ec09-4e89-93b4-babd5651e7a9%3AL25jZXAucmVhbmFseXNpczIvcHJlc3N1cmUvYWlyLjIwMTQubmM%3D

where you can download the entire file, or select the "Subset Grid" option on the right side of the page. There you can subset by time, level and region. (however, you can't pick specific hours, just a range in this interface).

For for month of May 2014, latitude between 5 N
and 40 N and longitude 65 E and 100 E for the pressure level
850 hPa, the URL would be:

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/repository/entry/show/air.2014_subset.nc?submit=Subset&output=data.gridsubset&entryid=synth%3Ae570c8f9-ec09-4e89-93b4-babd5651e7a9%3AL25jZXAucmVhbmFseXNpczIvcHJlc3N1cmUvYWlyLjIwMTQubmM%3D&hstride=1&area_north=40&area_west=65&area_east=100&area_south=5&calendar=gregorian&fromdate=2014-05-01%2000%3A00%3A00%20UTC&todate=2014-05-31%2018%3A00%3A00%20UTC&addlatlon=true&level=2&variable=air

(shown at the bottom of the Grid Subset form).

Don Murray
--
Don Murray
NOAA/ESRL/PSD and CU-CIRES