[thredds] improved performances through GPFS

Dear all,

In our data center, the new high-performance clustered file system we're going to use is GPFS (General Parallel File System). I am wondering is java-netcdf library or thredds data server can take benefit of this high performance file system if the netcdf files are stored on it ?

Are you aware of work being done or systems working with GPFS or otherwise on similar high performance systems (HDFS, moosefs, ...). I am definitely not an expert and any information regarding reading netcdf in java on these clustered file system (preferably GPFS) would help us very much.

Thanks,

Thomas