[thredds] THREDDS directory scanning question

  • To: "thredds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thredds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [thredds] THREDDS directory scanning question
  • From: Brian Blanton <bblanton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 18:31:40 +0000
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
Hi All,  I have a directory scanning question.  I want to expose only netCDF
files in a large directory structure that will have many directories without
netCDF files.   If a directory does not have a netCDF file, I need to have it
hidden.

So, if I have

dir1/subdir1/<bunch of files but NO netCDF files>
dir1/subdir2/<bunch of files and some netCDF files>

I only want dir1/subdir2/<netcdf files>  to be in the catalog, and not
dir1/subdir1 with nothing at the endpoint.

I can make a script that builds a catalog file that explicitly contains the
netCDF files, but would rather do this with datasetScan.  I was hoping that the
following would exclude everything except netCDF files.

<filter>
    <include wildcard="*.nc" collection="false"/>
    <exclude wildcard="/*" collection="true"/>
</filter>

I hope I've articulated this well.  If anyone has any guidance, that would be
great.

Cheers,

[cid:96AA222E-E037-4ADF-87BB-5F45D2B584BE]

Brian O. Blanton, Ph.D.
Director of Environmental Initiatives
Oceanographer
Renaissance Computing Institute