Re: [thredds] Accessing THREDDS from Java

  • To: Christian Ward-Garrison <cwardgar@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] Accessing THREDDS from Java
  • From: "Signell, Richard" <rsignell@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 07:15:30 -0400
Christian & THREDDS enthusiasts,

So cdmremote/ncstream uses protobuf for transport, right?

So has anybody built a javascript library to access data via cdmremote?

Seems like that would be a great match, as protobuf is recognized as
being a better choice than JSON for data-heavy web applications:

http://blog.codeclimate.com/blog/2014/06/05/choose-protocol-buffers/

and there are several existing protobuf libraries for JS, for example, this one:
https://github.com/dcodeIO/ProtoBuf.js/wiki

-Rich