Re: [thredds] Required Tomcat version for TDS 4.6

  • To: "Signell, Richard" <rsignell@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] Required Tomcat version for TDS 4.6
  • From: Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal <roy.mendelssohn@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 14:48:08 -0700
And I assume you are taking Roy Mendelssohn email typing lessons  (get it now
from Amazon!!) and that should really be Tomcat 7.0.29

-Roy
> On May 11, 2015, at 2:46 PM, Signell, Richard <rsignell@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Ryan,
>
> Oops.  I've been running TDS 4.6 on Tomcat 4.0.29.
> How would the bug manifest itself?
>
> -Rich
>
> On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 5:19 PM, Egil Støren <egil.storen@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> OK. Thanks for checking.
>>
>>   Egil
>>

>> On 05/11/2015 11:08 PM, Ryan May wrote:
>>>
>>> Egil,
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, there is a bug in tomcat affecting TDS that was fixed in
>>> that version, so that's the reason it is listed. So you'd need at least
>>> 7.0.50 if you're sticking to released versions.
>>>
>>> We generally don't rely on the system packages for tomcat, so I don't know
>>> of any *technical* reasons that tomcat 7.0.50 could not be installed on
>>> RHEL 6.
>>>
>>> Ryan

> --
> Dr. Richard P. Signell   (508) 457-2229
> USGS, 384 Woods Hole Rd.
> Woods Hole, MA 02543-1598

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst