Re: [thredds] Announce 4.6.0 release

Version stamping is often best integrated with packaging too.

maybe offering a zip with the version number (rather than the war file)
1. readme
2. changelog
3. the war
tds-4.6.0.zip

inside the war, build stamping can link you to a version, and even the
source repo/id you are using for the build. some of this is already done
in thredds. check out this one -
http://mojo.codehaus.org/buildnumber-maven-plugin/

any improvement would make things simpler for us too.

Regards
Terry