Re: [thredds] Secondary source to thredds

  • To: Robert Khachikyan <robertk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] Secondary source to thredds
  • From: Christian Ward-Garrison <cwardgar@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 20:12:13 -0600
Hi Robert,

It looks like you're grabbing data from the GFS-Global_onedeg model, which
is available on many TDS servers. One of them is ours [1]. I don't know if
the two products are identical, however. Others on this list are more
knowledgeable in that arena than me.

As for converting GRIB to NetCDF, ToolsUI [2] can do the job. Just open the
GRIB file in the "Writer" tab, select "netcdf3" as the format, and click
"Write File".

Cheers,
Christian

[1]
http://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog/grib/NCEP/GFS/Global_onedeg/catalog.html
[2] ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf-java/v4.5/toolsUI-4.5.jar