Re: [thredds] ncss - index, bounding box selection

Hi Jeremy,

NCSS actually already supports the subsetting-by-vertical-level operation
that you describe. Here's an example: [1]. I don't know which version
specifically added the capability, but I know that 4.3.15 (which is running
on your server) doesn't have it, and 4.3.22 and later do. So you may need
to upgrade.

Lat-lon subsetting your example is difficult not only because the grid
lines don't align, but also because the result must still be a rectangle. I
think we did as well as you can hope for with our implementation, given the
constraints, but we may consider allowing the user to specify arbitrary,
polygonal bounds in the future.

Cheers,
Christian

[1]