Re: [thredds] Data Inventory Catalog Spec 1.0.2 nits

Hi John,

Thanks for the suggestion!  I've put it into JIRA as an improvement:

https://bugtracking.unidata.ucar.edu/browse/TDS-535

Regards,
  Lansing Madry
  Unidata
  Boulder, Colorado

On 1/31/2014 1:23 PM, John Graybeal wrote:
Hi all,

I was just fixing a link ACDD had to the Data Type section that broke: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/current/tds/catalog/InvCatalogSpec.html#dataType didn't work because the version number has been inserted (correct link http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/current/tds/catalog/v1.0.2/InvCatalogSpec.html#dataType).

I wanted to suggest that if someone could set up Apache rewrites or equivalent, any link that matched http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/current/tds/catalog/InvCatalogSpec* could be mapped to the current Catalog Spec version. Then only one place has to change to prevent all the broken links from people referencing a specific version of the spec, and you could declare that the http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/current/tds/catalog//InvCatalogSpec.html will always point to the current version. Which would be very helpful I think.

Also, I note that the last update tag at the top is 9 December 2009, but the revision history at the bottom says July 12, 2013.

John

*John Graybeal*
Marine Data Manager

M +1 408 675-5445