Re: [thredds] Using long_name in Godiva2

Hi Kevin,

I've a feeling you may have asked me this before, which probably means I didn't
reply - very sorry if that's the case! If you are using standalone ncWMS (i.e.
not built into THREDDS) then this is easy, you can just use the admin web pages
to change the displayed titles to whatever you want.

In THREDDS, I don't think this can be configured in the current version. We
should probably fix this in future versions. We could either make this
configurable in the wmsConfig.xml file, or we could recode it to use the
long_name for the title by default. (Using the long_name as the default for a
human-readable title seems a more logical option to me anyway, what do others
think?)

The easiest short term fix is for us to build a special version of THREDDS for
you (or you can do it yourself if you are savvy in such things) that uses the
long_name. It's an easy fix but obviously we need to fix it properly for the
long term.

Cheers,
Jon

Message: 1